Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Spoiled Girl Shit

My husband is forever frustrated by my complaints about my wedding rings. 
These are rings he designed himself - taking care to make sure I didn't have 
a setting that sat up too high because he knew I didn't like that. Taking care 
that these rings didn't look like my other wedding rings because I needed to 
get away from that whole experience. I can get pretty shallow when I get going. 
Stuff like, "It was fine for my 27 year old hand, but my 42 year old hand needs 
better bling." "I wish I had got diamonds in the band...we spent a mortgage on 
our photos but why didn't anyone tell me to get diamonds in the band?!?" Spoiled 
girl shit like that. Yet, every time I lose my rings (and I have to admit it's been 
more than once but less than ten times) I get a feeling of horrible dread that 
starts right at the top of my head and travels all the way to my toes. And 
so far I've been incredibly lucky that they have been returned to me before 
I really have to squirm. I like to think that with each temporary loss I'm 
learning the lesson that these symbols of marriage represent much more 
than carat, setting and bling factor. That the reason I get them back is 
because I deserve them and this marriage and that maybe one day I will 
deserve the man who had them made them for me. It's much more likely 
that I am just a spoiled rotten little shit who just gets lucky all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment